Saturday, October 6, 2012

Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

October 3rd was "National Boyfriend Day." Though my first thought was "HARRUMPPHH EVERY DAY IS NATIONAL BOYFRIEND DAY," I decided it would be nice to surprise Nate with some cookies. What can I say, I am a romantic against my own will.



Nate looooves chocolate and peanut butter. It's not a flavor combo I'm crazy about, but these cookies did a pretty great job of converting me! I used this recipe as a base and modified it slightly to add more peanut-buttery flavor. I leave you with one word of warning: these cookies NEED to be eaten with a glass of cold milk!

Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients


1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1/2 cup chopped mini Reese's peanut butter cups
1/2 cup peanuts
Coarse salt (not iodized) for sprinkling

1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a medium bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla. I used all-natural peanut butter which made this step a little more difficult, but I think the flavor is more peanutty than in the other kind.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
5. Stir in the dry ingredients. The batter should be fairly soft.
6. Stir in the chocolate chunks, mini peanut butter cups, and peanuts.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon-fuls onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating pans halfway, until slightly puffed in center and firm around the edges.
Peanutty, chocolatey, salty...YUMMY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest