Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1/2 cup chopped mini Reese's peanut butter cups
1/2 cup peanuts
Coarse salt (not iodized) for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a medium bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla. I used all-natural peanut butter which made this step a little more difficult, but I think the flavor is more peanutty than in the other kind.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
5. Stir in the dry ingredients. The batter should be fairly soft.
6. Stir in the chocolate chunks, mini peanut butter cups, and peanuts.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon-fuls onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating pans halfway, until slightly puffed in center and firm around the edges.
|Peanutty, chocolatey, salty...YUMMY!|