Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Simple Avocado Toast and Fun Food Links


Sometimes the simplest things in life are the best, as is the case with this avocado toast, which I've been having for breakfast in various forms for the past few days.

Start with a slice of toasted whole grain bread spread with creamy mashed avocado, drizzled with lime juice and a sprinkle of salt. From there, the topping ideas are endless: juicy sliced tomato, leftover beans or veggie stir-fry, fresh greens and cracked black pepper, or, as above, clover and radish sprouts with pepitas.

It's filling and packs a big nutritional punch, full of vitamins, fiber and healthy fats. More importantly, this energy-filled vegan breakfast will keep you going until your next meal, and takes just minutes to make.

A lot of people have been asking me "what exactly is it that you eat?" So, aside from the vegan breakfast idea above, I thought I'd provide a few links to places where I find tons of amazing vegan recipes and recipe inspiration. Sometimes a vegan meal is as simple as avocado toast; other times it's as complicated as, say, this incredible looking Vegan Ma Po Tofu from Serious Eats.

If you want to incorporate more vegan food into your life, check out the links below. Maybe you'll see something that inspires you!

Vegan Food Links

1. 7 Hearty Vegan Sandwiches That Don't Mess Around - From The Kitchn, a non-vegan site that still posts lots of vegetarian and vegan recipes (one of my favorite blogs)

2. Oh She Glows - one of my absolute favorite vegan food blogs, focusing on healthy whole foods and clean eating.


4. Serious Eats - not a vegan site by any stretch of the imagination, but they do post interesting vegan recipes fairly often.

And, just for fun:

5. 5 Very Real, Very Sad Lunches from Sad Desk Lunch - From The Kitchn ... don't let your lunches look like these!


To see more pictures of the yummy food I eat through the day that I don't necessarily blog about, you can check out my Instagram.

For more recipe ideas, take a look at my Vegan Recipes board on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest