Monday, December 21, 2020

Blog Reset and Personal Updates, 2020 Style!

Well, it's obviously been a long time since I posted an update here, and a lot has changed. Like, a LOT a lot. 

Me and my baby!

Firstly, I have still been writing. You can catch my articles over at SheKnows, where I write about food, home decor, and other topics related to cooking and the home. 

Secondly, in May the best thing ever happened. My husband Nate and I welcomed our baby boy Forest into the world! He is truly the light of my life, especially this year when so much horrible stuff has been happening in the world at large, and personally. 

We also bought a town house! We've been having fun making it feel like our own, from making bold paint choices to liven up the small kitchen to decorating our fireplace mantle for Christmas for the very first time. 

Unfortunately, since the last time I wrote, a few very sad things have happened. In June of 2017, my dad Tom passed away at the age of 65, after a few years of heart problems and struggling with complications from diabetes. Then, in October of this year, my mom Debbie passed away at the age of 64 after years of illness and pain. 

Mom and Dad.

I never ever imagined that both of my parents would be gone so soon. For some reason I always expected them to at least make it to their 70s, and I never dreamed that they would both die before being able to meet my kids.

Because of the Coronavirus pandemic, we haven't made the trek accross country to introduce Forest to our families yet, and dealing with the fact that my mom never met my sweet boy, who she loved so so much, in person, is one of the biggest regrets of my life. I'm trying to deal with it as best as I can - there are so many things that made their meeting an impossibility, and most of those things were out of my control - but it's hard to come to terms with. I don't know if I ever will. 

So, why am I writing now? I want to start my blog up again, and here's what you can expect.

Food writing, from fresh and easy vegan recipes to classic family favorites and comfort food recipes. 

Parenting content, chronicling my life as a new parent and a working mom, and documenting our family adventures. 

Personal posts, about my life and thoughts in general. SOUNDS FASCINATING, right? 

Home decor tips and DIY posts, focusing on decorating on a budget. 

Hopefully you'll come along for the ride. And if you have any content suggestions, please share your ideas in the comment section below! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are adding home decor tips to your blog. You are so good at decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow its a great Idea!
    I also post an idea about home decor with wooden flooring: https://gopostbox.com/wooden-vinyl-flooring/

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest